Tuesday 12 July 2016

WHEN I'M OUT OF LEMONS....................

They say when life gives you lemons make lemonade. Today was one of those days but with no lemons to hand the best I had was mushrooms so I made mushroom soup!
With nothing more than mushrooms, plus a few dried ones which I used to make the stock, I set about making my soup.




It never seems to amaze me how easy this is. I chopped my mushrooms, I only had oyster, boiled the kettle and poured it over the dried mushrooms and after 5 minutes poured this over the mushrooms. I just covered them, added salt and pepper and a pinch of dried thyme.


 After it all came to the boil I turned it down to a low simmer. 15 minutes later I blitzed it, adjusted the seasonings, a touch more pepper, and added a spoonful of creme fraiche.



I then tucked into a delicious bowl of "pure" mushroom soup. No need for an onion, and the stock from the dried mushrooms gave it a delicious flavour.


I may have been given lemons today but making, and then enjoying the soup helped a lot.

Cooking is my therapy. 

2 comments:

Phil in the Kitchen said...

I'm sorry to hear that you need some mushroom and cooking therapy but you've definitely made the best of it. I'm prone to making food too complicated and you're quite right to celebrate pure flavours.

Snowy said...

Glad making the soup helped; it looks very tasty.