Friday 2 March 2018

A CASUALTY of MOTHER NATURE

By now I should be home in Scotland with my family ready to begin a new, and very happy chapter of my life. However I hadn't bargained on Mother Nature thwarting my attempts.

I left my apartment in Shanghai at 3-30am on 1st March, some 12 hours later I arrived in Dubai, so far so good. It was a long but good flight. On arriving in the lounge in the airport it became clear I would be going no further, not today at least. I know the weather forecast for UK was not good with a lot of snow arriving, but I was hoping I might just be ahead of it. No such luck. An hour later I was in The Meridian hotel with the temperature outside touching 30c. Not bad you might think, but remember I am headed to Scotland where it is very chilly and I am dressed accordingly, boots and cashmere scarf included. My luggage would remain in the airport as I am booked onto the flight the following afternoon. Thankfully I have enough packed in hand luggage to see me through.

After contacting family and letting them know I was stranded I decided all I can do is to suck it up. After all I wasn't exactly roughing it.

So nothing to do but make the best of it. After all a lovely hotel cannot be sneezed at. A nice bath, dinner in my room and I settled down with my magazine app, READLY, if you haven't tried it I urge you to do so. readly.com  My iPad provided me with TV, nothing much apart from news channels on TV here, and if I see another weather warning I may scream, so the night passed uneventfully.

I awake to more disastrous weather reports. My predicament is truly a third world I problem, I do realise that, but it soon became obvious I may not be going home today either. So now I am really not a happy bunny. No amount of food and baths are going to cheer me up today if this is the case! So decided to blog my woes. A problem shared as they say..........

I enjoyed a delicious breakfast, slightly spoiled by some very noisy Chinese people in the restaurant, and I thought I was getting away from it all. Chatted with others experiencing the same issues as I have and the general mood seems to be positive. Still at this point there was still the possibility of us getting home today. Stopped into the shop to buy a deodorant and came out five GBP lighter.

By late morning it became clear all flights were indeed cancelled. So I will hunker down for another night and hopefully get home tomorrow.

This will be my last post as "thecelticcookinshnghai" I will be starting a new blog to reflect my new life. I will keep everyone updated and I hope you will follow me on my next journey in life.
Thanks to everyone who follows me and to those I have come to know through the comments.

ZAI JIAN Shanghai




3 comments:

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

I do hope you are home by now! And please let me know when you get your new blog started.

Snowy said...

Hope you did eventually make it back to Scotland! I'd like to follow your new blog too, so please let me know too when you start it.

THE ONLY TRUE HACKER IN THE WORLD ® said...

INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

See how it works

Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
services, we are here for you anytime any day.

Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
Whatsapp:::::+31687835881
®